When looking for the prime money counter for 2022, you need to keep in mind several essential factors such as capacity, speed, special features, counterfeit detection abilities, and ease of use in order to find the most suitable option for your needs.
We have carefully reviewed various money counting machines for you and have rated the Carnation Bank Grade Mixed denomination counter as our top pick for 2022. Read on to learn more about the top 10 money counters for this year.
If you need a money counter for large quantities of bills, then this Bank Grade CR1500 bill counter is the perfect option for you on the market for 2022.
The top-grade money counter by Carnation can count bills at a speed of 800, 900, and 1,100 notes per minute, so it is the perfect accessory for any bank or other organization where there is a lot of cash to be sorted and counted.
The machine is fitted with all types of counterfeit detection features, including UV, IR, MG, and image recognition detection functions.
This top-quality money counter also has a unique serial number recognition function, which is used by banks to detect counterfeit bills. It can capture, save, and print every serial number of every bill counted.
It can hold 500 bills and can work continuously all day long. It will sort the bills by denominations and separate each one into piles. It will also sort the bills by orientation. You can set the batches you want, and this convenient machine will sort and process the banknotes accordingly.
The counter works with US dollars, Euro, Canadian dollars, British Pounds, but you can count and sort over 30 other currencies via the software provided with the machine.
The device’s software is easily upgraded via a USB port or an SD card.
Any jams are easy to resolve without damaging the bills in the process.
The money counter has a large LCD display and an intuitive control panel.
The size of the money counting machine is 9.9 x 10.4 x 10.7 inches, and it weighs 18.7 lbs.
The CR1500 comes with a printer and can be connected to a computer so you can upload or print the results of the counting and with a 2-year warranty with a dedicated technician to assist you with any technical problems or questions you may have.
This is the perfect money counter to buy in 2022 if you need a fast, precise, reliable counter, sorter and counterfeit checker for your business or any other need.
It can recognize and count the bills according to their denomination, orientation, and face so that you can count mixed batches of cash simultaneously with it.
It has a reject stacking option with a capacity of up to 100 notes of different denominations. The machine automatically checks every single banknote for counterfeiting via its integrated IR, UV, and MG counterfeit detection features.
The counter has a hopper capacity of 800 notes and a stacker capacity of 200 notes.
The money counter has a PC terminal interface (RS0232C), a Printer Inter Interface, and USB 2.0 connectivity ports.
It is sold with free technical support. The size of the money counter by RB Tech is 12.2 x 13 x 11.4 inches, and it weighs 29 lbs.
It is straightforward to set and use, has a large LCD display, and easy to understand and use controls.
At this price, and with this speed, reliability, and high capacity, the Shark-100N is the top bang for the buck for 2022.
Best budget-friendly option
Thanks to its energy efficiency, it will use less than 90Watts when operating and less than 3Watts when idle.
The Zeny money counter has installed UV and MG counterfeit detectors with a miss counterfeit detection rate of just 1/100,000.
It works very quietly and has a large easy to read LED display.
Please note that this inexpensive money counter will count the number of bills but won’t sort them and count their value.
The device has a self-testing feature that will keep it working accurately and well for a long.
It is the perfect affordable money counter to have for your small business or for home use.
The rest of the best money counters for 2022
- It is an affordable money counting machine that saves energy
- It has the capacity of counting up to 1,200 bills per minute
- It operates quietly at 60dB or less
- The UV, IR, and MG sensors have an accuracy level for recognizing counterfeit bills with a miss detection rate of only 1/700,000
- The large LED display is easy to read
- The machine has a self-testing mode
- It comes with an additional external display
- With the money counter, you will also receive 120 bill straps, a cleaning brush and extra replacement parts
- This counter will count the number of bills only and not their overall value
- The device’s size is 13.9 x 12.7 x 10 inches, and its weight is 15 lbs.
- It has a capacity of counting up to 1,000 bills per minute accurately
- It has reliable UV, IR, and MG counterfeit detection sensors
- The counter comes with a built-in display as well as an additional external one for added comfort and for variable viewing angles
- It has a back loading hopper that can hold up to 200 banknotes at a time
- The auto-start function will save you even more time
- It has a batch and add mode which will help you organize, band up, store and transport your cash
- Its size is 15.5 x 11.5 x 9.6 inches, and it weighs 14.79 lbs.
- It reads mixed stacks of bills, sorts them by denomination and counts them simultaneously.
- Any suspicious bills or a bill with an incorrect face or denomination is sorted out in the reject pocket of the device with a capacity of up to 50 bills
- The counting speed is adjustable – from 800, 1,000 or 1,200 banknotes per minute
- The counter has multiple modes, including mixed denomination, face, sort, orientation, count, add, batch, auto or manual, and add and batch, so it is one of the most versatile money counters on our list
- The machine can sort bills by denomination, orientation, and face, and can process them in the required amounts and batches
- The running count add feature allows you to keep count of multiple batches of banknotes processed one after the other
- Hopper capacity of up to 500 bills
- A stacker capacity of 200 bills
- The top-loading style makes it easy to use even without standing up
- It has 2 CIS, magnetic and ultraviolet sensors to detect counterfeit bills
- The large 3.5 inch LCD display and easy to use interface makes it easy and quick to use
- The counter has a built-in printer to print out the results
- It is sold with free technical support
- Its size is 10.5 x 10.5 x 11.7 inches, and it weighs 22 lbs.
- It offers one of the most accurate counterfeit detection features via its numerous sensors, including an image sensor that allows for the machine to look through the banknote as well
- The counter is sold with a lifetime technical support and service, as well as software upgrades upon request
- This is the best-selling money counter in numerous countries
- It comes with an 8G flash disk for upgrade, a dust cover for the counterfeit sensors, paper guides, sensor calibration paper, test paper and a brush for cleaning
- Its size is 11 x 11 x 10 inches, and its weight is 15.43 lbs.
- You can ask the manufacturer to customize the currency software upon request
- It works perfectly even with mixed batches of bills and always provides an accurate count
- A capacity of counting up to 1,200 bills per minute
- A size of 13 x 12.5 x 11.6 inches and a weight of 12.5 lbs.
- A top-loading hopper
- An easy to use and understand control panel and display
- An auto-start option
- UV, IR, MG detection
- An auto self-test option
- Simplified design for easy setup and use
- Compliant with $100 bills as well
- It has an auto-start function
- The counting capacity is up to 1,300 bills per minute
- It has reliable UV, IR and MG sensors to detect any counterfeit bills
- The unit has a LED display, a simple menu and a numeric digital keypad for easy operation
- The counter is made of hard and sturdy plastic, so it is suitable for use even in harsh environments
- The machine is 15 x 15 x 12 inches in size and weighs 14.95 lbs.
- Suitable for banks, casinos, large retails, credit unions, or similar environments
- An intuitive and easy to use control panel with a 10 digit keypad
- Ultra-High precise counting speed of up to 1,800 bills per minute
- It can work continuously 24/7 without overheating
- An efficient and reliable bill feed system technology that processes all kinds of banknotes – from brand new to worn out
- The machine can be set to 4 different counting speeds
- It features the Semacon SmartCount feature, which screens and analyzes every banknote to detect errors, which ensures the most precise money counting results of all devices in this range
- It can be customized to work with any other currency than US dollars upon request
- The size of the counter is 14 x 13 x 12 inches
- Its weight is 18 lbs.
Features to look for when buying a money counter
Since a money counter is a machine that can cost you quite a lot of money and cause problems for you if it doesn’t operate properly or is not accurate enough, it is essential to keep several factors in mind when investing in one:
In order to avoid receiving or using counterfeit banknotes, you should opt for a money counter which has a reliable counterfeit detection system. Some machines have multiple sensors that use ultraviolet, magnetic, and infrared sensors to pick out any counterfeit banknotes in a batch. Look for a counter with a very low detection error margin if you want the greatest results.
The counting speed
If you work with large volumes of bills, this feature is the first one to look for. The faster the counter works – the more time and energy you will save. Of course, look for a reputable brand and a good quality money counter that doesn’t have a high error rate along with a super high counting speed.
The perfect money counter to opt for offers a low error rate at the best counting speed possible.
If you need a money counter which can count large volumes of banknotes, you should opt for a unit that can process more bills per session. Some of the machines on our list have bank grade counting capacities and can even keep count of multiple counting sessions.
Ease of use
To save time and minimize errors, you may opt for a simple, user-friendly money counter, so you don’t have to toggle with complicated and unclear settings while using the machine.
When you work with a lot of money, it is essential to remain concentrated on your work at all times. Look for a money counter which operates at a low noise level so that you can proceed with your work undisturbed.
Additional features such as sorting, batching and others
Some of the higher-end money counters offer the function to count the number of bills in the batch and sort the banknotes by denomination, orientation, and face. There are machines in our list that can also sort the bills in customized batches of values you have set for them, making processing and counting the money even faster, no matter whether you are working with batches of mixed denominations.
Related: Learn How To Count Money Fast
Using a money counter can save a lot of time, effort, manual labor, and money in the long run. By investing in a top-quality counter like any one of the products on our list, you can be sure that you don’t end up making mistakes while counting the money of your business and that you won’t risk ending up with problems due to counterfeit bills.
A machine like any one of our top picks will make life easier for you and will save you time to focus on your work instead of sorting and counting banknotes.
Further Reading: How Do Cash Counting Machines Work?